A Word From the Webmaster
The 2012 myGameBalls.com Photo Scavenger Hunt
April 2, 2012
The 2012 baseball season has finally arrived, meaning it's time to start up the annual myGameBalls.com Photo Scavenger Hunt. If you haven't participated before, here's the idea: Go to a bunch of baseball games this year, bring a camera, and try to take as many photos on the following list as possible:
- You with a blue tongue (as a result of a snow cone or other refreshment) - 2 Points
- You with a statue at/in the stadium - 2 Points
- You (from the back) sitting in the furthest possible seat from home plate. Allow one row for the photographer to stand behind you - 2 Points
- You posing for a photo with a member of the U.S. Military, in uniform - 2 Points
- You with players from two different teams - 3 Points
- You ballhawking in the outfield bleachers while wearing a Justin Beiber t-shirt - 4 Points
- You with a myGameBalls.com Lifetime Top 10 Ballhawk - 4 Points
- You holding a stadium-specific commemorative baseball with a player from the home team giving a thumbs up - 5 Points
- You holding a stadium-specific commemorative baseball with a player from a rival team giving a thumbs down. Rivals are defined as Red Sox/Yankees, Mets/Yankees/Phillies, Giants/Dodgers, Astros/Rangers, Nationals/Orioles - 5 Points
- You retrieving a baseball from the field with a ball retriever made entirely out of items collected from stadium bathrooms, concession stands, and/or condiment stations - 6 Points
- A photo of you and a celebrity--clearly identifiable--in the stands. You don't have to be posing with the person, just somewhere in the shot. The celebrity cannot be a baseball player/coach/announcer/etc - 6 Points
- You swinging a bat at the BallhawkFest softball game (L.A. or Pittsburgh) - 7 Points
- Four people doing the "Y-M-C-A" letters where at least one of the people is a player/coach - 7 Points
- You shaking hands with a former Major Leaguer who is currently over 80 years old - 8 Points
- You posing with every commemorative baseball featured in this article --- with the exception of commemoratives for a specific event (all-star game, etc) - 9 Points
- A player wearing a myGameBalls.com t-shirt - 9 Points
- You with two brothers who both play in the majors (i.e. BJ and Justin Upton) - 9 Points
- You at the location of a physical object that commemorates a home run (The seat where Eddie Murray hit #500, etc) with the person who hit the home run somewhere in the shot - 10 Points
- BONUS: You with a stadium name sign in the background with you holding a baseball snagged that day at that stadium (1 point per stadium for a max of 30 points).
This list is a combination of suggestions sent to me by various members and should provide another fun and challenging contest.
To give a slight handicap to last year's participants and encourage new participants this year, the Bonus photos cannot be from a stadium that you used in last year's contest. Other than that the rules are all the same as last year, and a $25 MLB Gift Card is the prize.
All photos must be taken during the 2012 calendar year. All photos must be uploaded to your myGameBalls.com account. The contest ends at the conclusion of the last World Series game. Each photo submitted will either receive the full point value, or no points, basedentirely on the discretion of myGameBalls.com President Alan Schuster. Photos may be challenged as to their authenticity by submitting an email statement to Alan Schuster. The person with the highest point total will be awarded the $25 MLB Gift Card, to be mailed within 1 month after the last World Series game. In the event of a tie, the person who uploaded their final photo on the earliest date will be declared the winner.